With the design-build approach to commercial construction projects, RICOP saves you the time, worry, and the frustration of having to communicate with multiple groups. You communicate with one source responsible for all facets of your building’s construction.
You will be able to leverage our experience in all the phases of building, we form a close knit team with architectural, mechanical, and electrical engineers to assure that your building’s systems make the best use of energy and will accommodate your energy needs of tomorrow.
RICOP's Design-Build program will help your business or institution, design and build facilities that support and enhance your current and envisioned needs, rather than expecting you to adjust to a facility.
We view buildings as a tool for achieving the long-term goals & dreams you have for your business, and we work hard with you to develop the best building “tool” to meet your dreams.
This approach has definitely worked. RICOP has completed millions of square feet of commercial buildings ranging from 2,000 to 200,000 square feet.
Design - Build: A Cooperative Construction Process
A design – build collaboration offers the knowledge, experience and personal attention to make your project a success.
Key Values of Design-Build:
- Single source responsibility: Eliminates coordination problems and offers faster schedule-driven delivery, which saves money and permits faster project completion.
- Value engineering: Supports the pursuit of doing “more for less” while maintaining top quality.
- Consolidate schedule: The design-builder oversees and consolidates the schedule of all involved designers, contractors, sub-contractors, vendors, and involved parties.
- Team Approach: The perspective of the owner, designer, builder, and all other team members are shared and incorporated
- Reduce client’s time involved with project: The owner knows the project is in good hands and can focus on the success of their own business.
- Total budget: Get the expertise of a group who has 20 years plus experience orchestrating all aspects of through construction to get a realistic budget and control overall costs.
- Singular Responsibility: A single point of responsibility means you can focus on scope/needs definition and decision making, rather than on project coordination
- Quality: The increased responsibility implicit in design-build serves as a motivation for high quality and the proper performance of building systems.
- Cost Savings: Designers and contractors working as one team means increased use of value engineering and constructability practices
- Time Savings: Design and construction can be overlapped and bidding periods and redesign time eliminated, resulting in time savings.
- Potential of Reduced Administrative Burden: The owner has one point of contact and does not need to invest time and money with coordination of several contacts.
- Early Knowledge of First Costs: Because the entity responsible foe design is simultaneously estimating construction costs and can accurately conceptualize the completed project, guaranteed construction costs are know far sooner than otherwise possible with a lower initial investment.
- Risk Management: Individual risks are managed by the party in the best position to manage risk. Change Orders due to drawing and specification errors are eliminated because the correction of such issues is the responsibility of the design-builder, not the owner.
- Balanced Award Criteria Leading to Best Value: The award mechanism can include design quality, functional efficiency and team experience allowing the owner to select a proposal that reflects the greatest value.